Wednesday 22 September 2010

Huoratron - Corporate Occult

I am a big fan of really dirty techno. I don't mean that crap you hear on Ministry of Sound compilations, I mean dirty, bassy techno that makes you want to swing a baseball bat into a thousand windows. Phil Hebblethwaite, the editor of The Stool Pigeon, knows of my hedonistic tendencies and pointed me in the direction of Huoratron.

The Icelandic producer decribes himself as live electronic grindcore and he is not fucking kidding. This is some brutal techno that combines elements of Mr. Oizo at his nastiest (Positif) and Vitalic (before he got all electro on us).

The video for his recent single, Corporate Occult, was directed by Cedric Blaisbois and features some rather extreme scenes of sex and violence that makes The Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up promo look a little tame. Watch this and you will think long and hard about having a one night stand with that pretty young lady you met on the dancefloor.

"CORPORATE OCCULT" Huoratron Music Video from Cédric BLAISBOIS on Vimeo.

No comments: